Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

3 things I couldn't live without...

The most simple products. Nothing too fancy. I don't wear make up every day, I'd usually wear some mascara and lip gloss  I have no need for mascara any more thanks to my "Up To My Eyes" mink lash extensions (more about that later!). So it's usually just a bit of lip balm needed on a daily basis. 

However if myself and the girls are heading out or there's a special occasion, I love getting dolled up. I'll make another post about my make up essentials but these three products are my every day "go to" heroes.



Batiste Dry Shampoo
My hair tends to end up very flat... all the time. It's naturally quite straight but even if I've spent an hour or so curling it, the top of my hair can still end up quite flat. I've tried sleep in rollers, a large barreled tongs, GHD and a wand, still no luck of massive volume on the top of my head. Batiste to the rescue!! As well as being able to spritz some on my hair if I'm rushing around to get out after work, it really just boosts my hair at the tips. It really annoys me having my hair stuck to my head if it's in a bun or a pony tail, I like a bit of volume and this little can of tropical wonderful-ness does the trick!


Aloe Vera Lip Balm
My face can get quite dry, especially in the winter. And this doesn't exclude my lips. They can crack quite easily which just isn't attractive at all! I've found two lip balms that I love and think work wonders to keep chapped lips at bay. Aloe Vera is amazing, no matter which shape or form it takes. I was given an aloe vera plant by my auntie a while ago and the gel that comes out when the leaves are cracked can be used for numerous things. Sunburn, dry skin, acne, as a moisturiser, the list is endless. So when I found it in lip balm form I was thrilled! Another product that I love and can't always get my hands on is a Manuka Honey lip balm. And the same goes for manuka honey, it cures everything! 

Nivea Soft Moisturiser
As I said, my face can get particularly dry, so I always have this in my bag. I used to swear by E45 cream but I found it was quite liquid and I always felt I was rubbing it off on my hands rather than in to my face. I felt it could leave me looking a bit shiny and like it sort of just "sat" on my skin. Nivea Soft is a bit of a thicker cream but goes on light and I find it quite refreshing, my skin seems to absorb it a lot quicker and I don't feel like I have to put it on as much as other moisturisers I've used in the past. 


There you go guys! What are top 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment